At Bug & Bean Decor, we are committed to helping parents create their dream nursery. We know that your baby’s safety and comfort is of the utmost importance to you. It is to us too! You can rest assured knowing that we take every measure possible to make sure that our products meet every safety guideline. We want you to feel 100% confident in the baby bedding you purchase from us.
SAFETY TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS
We know there’s a ton of information available to you online, and just as you’ve experienced everyone’s opinion while you were pregnant… it doesn’t stop after the babies arrive either. Pacifiers or no pacifiers? To swaddle or not to swaddle? Breast or bottle… the decisions have only begun, and you should feel confident in YOUR decision. What’s best for you, isn’t always best for someone else. (And… maybe keep that in mind as you give your best advice to others too!)
You should feel confident in your purchase, and in your parenting skills. Remember, Google isn’t always right. Talk to your mother, father, your sister, and your best friend… they will give you REAL advice. Chances are, all of their advice will be different too! And most of all, trust your gut, there’s a reason we call it “A Mother’s Instinct.”
We encourage you to educate yourself on how to create a safe environment for your baby. Below is a compilation of pertinent safety information related to our products and your baby's nursery. Our industry is constantly re-defining the standards in product design, development and safety. It’s important to stay educated, but remember – it's up to you to make the best decision for YOUR family.
Here’s a few basic tips on creating a SAFE nursery & sleeping environment for your baby, we are giving you the most important tips. But if you find yourself awake for that 3am feeding, or your big-ole belly just isn’t letting you sleep, click here https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/consumer-product-safety/reports-publications/consumer-education/your-child-safe/sleep-time.html to read the entire article from the Government of Canada.
Make sure your baby’s crib is far from window blinds or anything that could fall into the crib. All art or decorative items placed above the crib should be securely attached.
Make sure your crib meets the current safety standards. Slats should be no more than 2 3/8 inches apart.
The Canadian Academy of Pediatrics currently recommends that your baby be placed on his/her back on a firm, flat mattress.
All soft items in the crib are strongly discouraged (stuffed animals, comforters, pillows, extra blankets, etc).
Make sure you do not cover the baby’s face with a blanket. (Duh? Seriously, they say this.)
Pillows are décor items and NOT intended for crib use.
Crib sheets should fit snugly and securely on the crib mattress.
Be aware of anything that can be a strangulation hazard.
Make sure that you remove crib gyms, bantings, wall decor and mobiles from around the crib when your baby is 5 months old or begins to push up.
There’s several wonderful brands of swaddle blankets on the market today, including our own. It is not recommended to use a large blanket or comforter in the crib.
- All of our fabrics have been shown to be safe against infants' sensitive skin.
- Care should always be used when swaddling or covering your baby. Never place your baby on his or her side or stomach after swaddling.
- Do not swaddle your baby for sleeping after your baby is old enough to roll around during sleep. We recommend all of our products to be used with careful adult supervision.
Multi- Use Cover
- Do not leave your baby covered for prolonged periods of time. Our covers are intended to cover your baby for only brief periods of time such as when you are nursing or transporting your baby to and from the car.
- There are many great articles out there about the importance of being smart and aware when covering up your baby, and to avoid doing so on hot environments.
- Do not leave your child covered unattended, and be sure to remove the cover from your car seat before putting your baby in the car.
Wooden Decor Items/ Wall Decor
- These items are intended for decor and photography purposes only. They should not be mouthed and we do not recommend leaving them in the presence of a child unattended.